After following the political campaigns from the outset of the Republican primaries up to and through the major election campaigning it is my opinion that Mitt Romney's sole skill set appears to be the ability to manipulate the system in order to take advantage where and when it behooves his personal gain. He seems to have an overall lack of character and integrity.
Is Barack Obama a wunderkind as President? No. He has repeatedly failed in his first term to uphold and further his 2008 campaign goals and promises. As I see it, this failure is two-fold, 1. Like all politicians without extensive congressional experience who arrive in Washington to take the office of the presidency, and thereby have little or no Washington 'Political Capital' Obama was initially in over his head, with little support and an enormous set of problems left by the Bush administration. 2. The republicans in congress led by their party leadership swore to do all they could to insure that Obama administration failed at every possible and policy twist and turn. They have intentionally spent four years obstructing all legislation, because they do not want to see a black man (technically, Mulatto in Obama's case) succeed as POTUS.
At the expense of all American citizens, values and traditions a few old, white, racist and self-deluded congressmen rooted in self-aggrandized, self-indulgent political reasons have set back American society's progress. They should be ashamed and embarrassed by their blatant disregard of their fiduciary responsibilities to their constituents specifically and to the American people in general. And we should be ashamed of ourselves for re-electing congressional incumbents who have abused their positions of trust for years.
If there has ever been a time for a third party in the American body politic, this may be it. The Tea Party was an attempt which morphed into a creation of self-righteous extremism, bordering on Fascism with leanings filled with conservative Neocon nationalist propaganda. Perhaps the seedlings of a third party may have been planted within the failure around of our two political party institutions. We can only hope so.
With this national dilemma in mind, what are we to do? What can we do to salvage this electoral situation?
Here are my suggestions.
1. Vote for President Obama. I believe he, more so than Mr. Romney, has the best interests of the American people at heart. I also believe in his second term as President, he may have more fortitude and presidential experience to not be pushed around as much, resulting in actual and real actions on behalf of the American people.
2. Vote against all incumbent members of congress, on both sides of the aisle.
3. Demand political leadership address the needs of our country, its infrastructure, and its people.
4. Demand the culture of Washington lobbying and Wall Street financial corporations be brought under control and regulated.
5. Put the American people and their needs before any outside or foreign aid in any and all forms. Address and solve the food, housing, medical, education and transportation needs of the American people first.
6. Revise the federal tax codes to reflect a flat tax rate whereby every individual and corporation pays the same percentage rate, without any deductions.
7. Build the world's finest and best equipped defense forces to oppose tyranny and terrorism.
Are some, many, or all of these 'utopian' in their appeal and approach?
Perhaps, but no dream is achieved without belief, determination and effort.
Take back your power. Vote in the election Nov 6th and support with your dollars, only businesses who respect you as a consumer and provide you with goods and services of value, ethical transparency and the customer service you deserve.
In all cases stated herein, no one is holding a gun to your head. Your life is about the choice you make.
Make the ones which are truly in your best interest. You know what those are. Act accordingly.
In the Hawaiian language, "Mana'o" (ma na o) is the word used to describe 'thoughts, ideas, and opinions'.
All works of literature posted herein are copyrighted and may not be used or reproduced in part or in whole, either in print or electronically without written
permission of the author and publisher.
Please be advised that works by Branch Isole are written for adults, containing adult material and language, some of which is sexual in nature. All works are
intended for mature audiences.