END TIMES SERIES Part 2
In Part 1 of this series we identified a long-sought answer or way, to insure spiritual survival in the coming last days, or ‘end times.’ For a moment I’d like to go back to my previous mention of bible prophesy. ‘Prophesy’ is defined as, ‘to say that a specific thing or event will happen in the future.” A prophesy can only be ‘true’ if it actually happens according to its predisposed accuracy.
Of the 31,124 verses in the Bible 8,352 verses contain, describe, relate or pertain to 1817 prophesies.*
One of the complaints or criticisms of the Bible by its adversaries revolves around questions of its authenticity. Many, if not most Bible believers maintain the Word(s) of God are true, for God can not be a liar and still be God. This means every one of its 1,817 prophesies must be true and must come to pass as proclaimed. If even one prophesy fails to become reality, then that prophesy is false, and therefore every prophesy, nay, every word of scripture would be false as well! That’s a pretty big order to fill. Over twenty-six percent of the Bible is prophetic and, of the 1817 prophesies in scripture not one has been proven untrue or failed to come to pass up to this point in time/history.
Think of it like this: the odds of fulfilling only eight (of the 1,817) specific prophesies is; 1 in 10 to the 17th power. That number looks like this- 100,000,000,000,000,000. Another way to visualize this would be to take a single silver dollar and place an X on it. Then take that silver dollar and put it among the other 99,999,999,999,999,999 unmarked silver dollars. This is enough coins to cover the entire state of Texas, two feet deep. Now ask a man or woman to find the single marked silver dollar. Those are the same odds of eight specific biblical prophesies coming true. Interestingly enough, every bible prophesy has come true and as of today there are only a limited number of prophesies left unfulfilled. What makes bible prophesies even more incredible is the sixty-six Old Testament and New Testament canonical texts were written by forty authors, over a span of twenty-five hundred years. And so far, every bible prophesy has come to pass as foretold by these different writers.
As an example, here are thirty-five notable bible prophesies that speak to Jesus of Nazareth and his role/purpose as the Christ:
1. Matthew 24:33 Many will be deceived and reject the word of God through false prophets and teachers.
2. Isaiah 11:11, Luke 21 There will be a regathering of Jews to Israel.
3. Isaiah 56:8 While the Jews are gone from Israel (2000 years) the land will be desolate and waste.
4. Israel will become a nation in one day (this happened on May 14, 1948).
5. Israel will flourish economically.
6. Luke 21:24 Jerusalem will be in Israeli hands in the last days (this happened as a result of the “Six Day War” 1967).
7. Psalm 83 Israel will be surrounded by its neighbors and enemies united against it.
8. Israel will be supernaturally protected by God, (during the coming Ezekiel War).
9. Daniel 11:39, Joel 3:2 Attempts will be made to partition Israel. (UN resolution 2334)
10. Ezekiel 44:1-3 Jesus will enter through the ‘Eastern Gate’ upon His return, (it is currently sealed closed and has been since 1541).
11. Hosea 3:4 Israel will have no king until Jesus returns.
12. The Third Jewish Temple will be rebuilt.
13. Ezekiel 38-39 Iran will come against Israel in armed conflict.
14. Ezekiel 38-39 Turkey will come against Israel in armed conflict.
15. Ezekiel 38-39 Russia will come against Israel in armed conflict.
16. 1 Thessalonians 5:3 There will be a global outcry for Peace and Security.
17. Isaiah 17:1 & Isaiah 17:14 Damascus, Syria will be destroyed and uninhabitable.
18. Revelation 11 & Revelation 17:8 The entire world will witness/see the end times events, (via television and Internet).
19. Matthew 24:22, Zachariah 14:12 Destruction will come in the forms of biological, chemical and nuclear.
20. Luke 21:25 Chaotic weather worldwide.
21. Wars and violence worldwide.
22. Revelation & Daniel Global government
23. Daniel 12:4 People will travel ‘to and fro.’
24. Daniel 12:4 Explosion of information and knowledge.
25. Revelation 13:16 Technology will make the ‘Mark of the Beast’ possible.
26. Luke 21, Revelation 6 Pestilence and famine worldwide.
27. Joel Signs in the heavens (sun & moon).
28. Two hundred-million-man army from the east (Asia).
29. Earthquakes and tsunamis worldwide.
30. Extensive sexual immorality worldwide.
31. Self-love, self-indulgence, self-centeredness worldwide.
32. Apostasy in the church (large numbers of fallen away).
33. Prominence of Babylon, Iraq.
34. Ezekiel 37-39 A coalition of Muslim states/countries attacks Israel.
35. The second coming of Jesus will be mocked worldwide.
Whether you believe me or not, believe this:
1 Corinthians 15:3-4 and Romans 10:9-10, & 17
Share this with someone in your life.
If you’re getting interested, join me for Part 3.
Questions always welcomed and answered. If you have questions or comments email me directly at the Meet The Author icon in the tool bar of this web site.
You’re invited to read my works here, or at my Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube channel.
* “The Encyclopedia of Biblical Prophesy” by J. Barton Payne
In the Hawaiian language, "Mana'o" (ma na o) is the word used to describe 'thoughts, ideas, and opinions'.
All works of literature posted herein are copyrighted and may not be used or reproduced in part or in whole, either in print or electronically without written
permission of the author and publisher.
Please be advised that works by Branch Isole are written for adults, containing adult material and language, some of which is sexual in nature. All works are
intended for mature audiences.